The Lemonade War Book Discussion
Fourth-grader Evan Treski is people-smart. He’s good at talking with people, even grownups. His younger sister, Jessie, on the other hand, is math-smart, but not especially good with people. So when the siblings’ lemonade stand war begins, there really is no telling who will win—or even if their fight will ever end. Brimming with savvy marketing tips for making money at any business, definitions of business terms, charts, diagrams, and even math problems, this fresh, funny, emotionally charged novel subtly explores how arguments can escalate beyond anyone’s intent. (source: Amazon )
Discussion One:
Have you ever felt competitive with someone you are close to, like a sibling or a good friend? What was the competition about? What did you do? How was it resolved?

I can remember always being competitive with my younger sister. We would have competitions over almost anything like, who would catch the most balls during a softball game, who could hold their breath under water the longest. We never had any competition that was too serious.
ReplyDeleteYou reminded me of a time my sister and I would swim together during the summer and have contests to see who could hold their breath the longest.
DeleteThis reminded me of my relationship with my brother. We are always arguing with each other!
DeleteHi Lindsay.
DeleteHI LUCY!
DeleteI have felt competitive! My sister and I used to compare how busy we were. Our relationship improved a lot when we weren't sharing a room anymore, though, and then we've been doing even better since I moved out.
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of a time when my friend and I tried to stuff as many marshmallows in our mouths as we could. It was messy!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy brother and I were always competitive about who was the strongest. We would have outdoor strength competitions where we would pick up logs and throw stones. It was resolved when he realized I was superior to him in every event.
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of a time when my brother and I had a bike competition of who could cross the finish line first.
ReplyDelete